Tuesday, November 24, 2009

All about MEme: My Thankful Four


With MommyBrain, and SupahMommy



(Ok, I know it's Tuesday, but was too busy yesterday to play....)

I'm so thankful for many things in my life, let me try and just pick 4.

My wonderful husband and amazing little boy: These two boys have brought so much love and joy into my life - I never even knew could exist. The feeling of loving someone completely, being loved completely in return, and being able to share that with each other is phenomenal. I couldn't imagine life without either of these two guys - both of whom I cherish every minute I get to spend with them.

My family and friends: In good times and bad, it's those members of your family and your group of friends that you can count on that mean the most. I'm thankful to be surrounded by people that love me, and support me - that have helped to shape who I am and who I want to become. I love the people around me in my life, and am amazed to be blessed by so many wonderful friends.

Health and Happiness: We all have struggles throughout life, many of which I've seen first hand. I always want to be thankful for every day that my little family lives without some of the major challenges that certainly could come our way. We've been blessed with a relatively healthy life, and we so appreciate how lucky we are to be in this category. I also know how quickly that can chage, so I want to live every day to the fullest - taking advantage of every minute we have together. And of course all that brings happiness, which is plentiful in our household. How grateful I am for a smile, a laugh, a hug, a kiss, and even a tear.

(Ok, I'll be a little humorous here). The person who invented the touchless toilets, sinks, and towel dispensers. I am grateful and thankful every time I walk into a public restroom and I don't actually have to TOUCH anything! It's an ingenious invention, and for those of us "germ phobes" that can barely stand to use a public bathroom, these people have made our lives incredibly more accessible, enjoyable, and healthy. God bless whoever you are that invented these things!

At this time of year - I'm mostly thankful that I'm able to enjoy another Thanksgiving holiday with family and friends. There's so much to be thankful for, and it's easy to get caught up in the "what I'm NOT thankful for" mess... I hope we all remember in 2010 to count our blessings daily, and know there is so much to be thankful for even in the most challenging times.
I'm thankful to all of you who care enough to read my stories. :)

4 comments:

  1. As I'm about to get on a plane tomorrow (one of the busiest air travel days of the year - ack!), I'm eternally grateful for all of those no-touch parts of the restrooms, too!! Have a great holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWWW! great thankful things! Love it!
    It is so good to be greatful...even for convenience items like diapers and wipes!!!
    :)) Like your blog. You might be seeing ALOT more of me because I decided to take a chance and follow you. :)
    Like what I see--and if you link up with Supahmommy, you HAVE to be cool right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list, Miss T :) So true about health. So easy to take it for granted but life is so different if we or our loved ones aren't healthy. I know I am a miserable mess when a cold or flu strikes ... and I've seen my mom survive major health struggles ... not easy!

    And your two guys are awesome ... the three of you are an inspirational family of positivity and fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I couldn't agree more! I left health off my list, but I really should go edit. Even with multiple ER visits, a broken bone, and a destroyed knee, my family has got it pretty great! I'm thankful for that four sure! ;)

    ReplyDelete