Friday, November 13, 2009

Friends - Part 2

As I've previously mentioned, your friendships definitely change, grow, fade, etc. when your life stages change and your free time dwindles. I also was reminded this week how great it is to have new friends in your life. A friend who understands what you are going through now, that maybe you've never had to go through before. A friend that likes to eat as much as you do, and you know you'll be able to count on to enjoy the best foods in this life. A friend who shares passions with you, but also understands the challenges of incorporating those passions while still maintaining your sanity and your life. A friend who encourages you to pursue your dreams, and continually gives you positive endorsement of your ideas. A friend who doesn't laugh at your embarrassing predicaments. A friend who you can trust. A friend who you can turn to when you are scared, happy, sad, excited, worried, proud, or even just sick.

Sometimes it's the same friend. But more often than not, you find these wonderful qualities in an array of friends. I feel so blessed in my life to have people around me that support me, love me, and consider me a friend to them too. I hope I can live up to my end. And I hope that all these wonderful people know how much it means to me to be able to call you my friends.

1 comment:

  1. I wanna be the friend who likes to eat as much as you do!! :) Next up...sushi and foot massages!!!

    ReplyDelete