Monday, November 16, 2009

Mission Impossible


Ok, today's theme is Mission Impossible. What have I been on a Mission to do? What do I find impossible? What about my inner spy?

- Missions I'm on: To close out the year close to my goal at work. It's been a very challenging year, and mostly I'm focused on 2010, but I am on a mission to still do a good job. In this market, that can take every last ounce of hope out of you, but I'm not giving up. It's my mission (and my job), and I'm sticking to it. My other, more personal, mission - is to clean and organize my house. This is a much more difficult mission, and I'm attempting to recruit help. I need it, that's for sure. I made a good step, but I still have a ways to go.

- Impossible Missions: Hitting my goal for 2009 (see note above). Getting the swine flu vaccine for little G. (Are they anywhere??) Avoiding Levi Johnston and Sarah Palin in the news (no thanks to my dear Oprah who has Sarah Palin on the show today). Keeping up with my mail (who sends regular mail these days anyway?). And keeping my house clean.

I try to use my inner spy all the time - trying to keep abreast of all the latest in celebrity gossip so I'm the first one to know the scoop. I also try to hide things like candy wrappers, empty cookie boxes, and new outfits for G from my hubby. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Mostly, I just like reading about spys.

My favorite movie of late is Taken. That guy (the dad - Liam Neeson) is a bad ASS. (excuse my french). I cannot believe how awesome he was in that movie. It got my psyched up, and I wanted to be that bad ass. I also saw that movie Wanted with Angelina Jolie, and realized that besides the fact that I'm a woman, I still COULD kick ass. I just need to learn how. I need to learn how to get clues from a random phone call. I need to learn how to shoot a gun so the bullet curves. I need to learn how to do that awesome driving to get out of any situation. Not that I'll use it often taking G to the kids museum or soccer practice. But I think it would be good to know. Just in case.

The scene in Taken when he confronts the guy he talked to on the phone and reveals his identity and says "I told you I would find you" was almost as good as Jack Nicholson saying "You can't handle the TRUTH!" (one of my all time favorite scenes in movie history. They both sent chills up my spine. Rent it... it's so good.

This message will self destruct in 5 seconds......

7 comments:

  1. BTW... My "spy name" - Sassy McCoy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. GOOD LUCK with your missions, Sassy!

    And I'm totally the same way when I watch those movies/shows. My favorite spy show: ALIAS! I wish I was Sydney Bristow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sassy- love it!

    Taken was a great movie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Taken was a great movie! I loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to see Taken so badly ... need to go put it in my Netflix queue right now! Angelina in Wanted was freaking awesome! Even the curved bullet - totally unrealistic had my heart-racing and my mind trying to figure out how that's even possible ;)

    Oh, and BJ_Mama mentioned Alias ... my all-time-favorite spy series ... and I had totally forgotten about it ... if I could choose a spy name it would be Sydney Bristow; she's a rock star!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have to see that movie now.. i was thinking it was scurry.

    i don't do scurry

    i loved the part about driving to the museum or soccer practice..lol!
    xxoox

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm with you on the cleaning/organizing house mission. Our house is too small for the amount of STUFF I've got going on, especially now that my entire classroom is in my garage. Eek. Anyway, I'm with you on avoiding Sarah Palin as well. Yikes. Loved reading your previous posts about friendship, too. It's like you were in my head as I was just thinking about the same changes in my life over the past two years! Good luck with your missions. :-)

    ReplyDelete